LivingMirrors

Living Mirrors

Just like all art, books reflect us. They reflect who we are, they reflect the world, and they reflect our true nature. They are living tomes which convey a beauty and a connection that cannot die. I read Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Classic Lit, Horror, and Non-Fiction.

Elephants on Acid: And Other Bizarre Experiments
Alex Boese
The Portable Edgar Allan Poe (Penguin Classics)
Edgar Allan Poe, J. Gerald Kennedy

The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller Chronicles Series #2)

The Wise Man's Fear: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day Two (Kingkiller Chronicles) - Patrick Rothfuss

A critical review should accomplish two things. It should tell the reader whether or not his time will be well spent consuming this product and it should heighten the reader's appreciation of the product. As far as the first part goes, yes. This series is fantastic and is absolutely worth your time. As far as the second part is concerned, there are two things you need to know. Firstly, Rothfuss is an amazing world builder. In Kvothe's travels he meets a huge amount of different peoples, and the world he inhabits feels deep and lived in. Secondly, there are certain guidelines that most fantasy writers, or writers in general, use. Rothfuss effectively ignores a lot of these. Despite this the book is still really well done. This isn't your average faery tale, but it is a fantastic read.

A modern classic that everyone should read.